NSDC Corporation Info
The mission of the 51st National Square Dance Convention Corporation is to encourage and support the growth and development of the square dance activity by:
- Providing financial support for educational aspects of the square dance and related activities (round dancing, contra, clogging, country western, folk) in the 51st National Square Dance Convention impact area, such as providing funding for projects which:
- Teach new dancers or improve the skills of dancers and dance leaders (callers, cuers, prompters, etc.) by aiding in the financial support of their educational experiences.
- Support other educational activities for square dancing and related activities.
- Educate the general public about the health, social and other benefits of square dancing.
- Providing seed money to sponsor and hold another National Square Dance Convention® in Minnesota.
Educational Grant Application for 2013-14
Message from the 51st National Square Dance Convention Corporation Grant Committee:
At the October 20, 2012 board meeting of the 51st NSDC corporation, the following decisions were made.
- The Educational Grant Program will continue to support club lessons through the 2013-14 year. The grant application for 2013-14 can be found on the Federation web site at www.squaredanceminnesota.com. As in past years, the application can be printed out and mailed or completed and submitted on-line. The deadline for submission is March 1, 2013.
- Due to the depletion of funds the 2013-14 grant year will be the last year education grants will be offered.
- For grant year 2013-14 one additional grant program will be made available. We will accept applications for promotion only. Promotional ideas must strive to appeal to the general public toward the growth of Square Dancing or Round Dancing
Promotional applications will be open to all clubs, groups of clubs, or regions within the impact area. Applications must be received by March 1, 2013 and will be reviewed in April 2013 by the 51st Corporation Board.
Applications will be judged on their merits and will require significant participation of the applicant. The timeline for completing the promotion will be flexible and will not require completion by June 2014.
Promotional grants can be made for an amount up to $500. There is no assurance that your promotional grant application or any promotional grant application will be approved.
Your Promotional grant application should include
- Name of applicant. If application is submitted by a group of clubs all should be listed. Indicate primary contact person to be contacted for follow-up questions.
- Explanation of Promotion.
- Explanation of applicant’s participation.
- List your expectations.
- Indicate your timeline for start/completion.
- Indicate the amount being requested.
Your completed promotional application should be mailed or emailed to.
702 Ocala Lane
Mendota Hts., MN 55120
Online Application Form (preferred method)
CLICK HERE to access the online application form. Thank you!
Print and Mail Form
Print this form to mail in your grant application.